Retirees and near-retirees hoping to live out their “golden years” in comfort face daunting odds.
Consider these startling facts:
- One out of every six elderly Americans is already living below the federal poverty line, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The average monthly Social Security benefit for retired workers is only $1,237.
- Sixty percent of heads of households age 65 and older rely on Social Security benefits, which provide them with more income than any other source of retirement funding.
- One-third of households end up completely dependent on Social Security.
- A couple retiring this year at the age of 65 should have $240,000 on hand to cover medical expenses throughout their retirement.
As disheartening as it may be, it’s no surprise that Americans 55 and older now account for 20 percent of all bankruptcies, with the majority due to medical and funeral expenses.
To help ensure that seniors can enjoy their golden years in comfort, free from financial worries, Newsmax has put together a special report available only at Retirement211.com
For example, did you know that how you file for Social Security can dramatically change the amount of money you collect? One simple step could add up to $1,000 to your monthly payouts!
And other loopholes we found reveal 33 ways to get big savings on your healthcare.
you will also discover if you qualify for . . .
- Retirement 211 Secret #1: A little-known government program that gives you free health insurance, free mammograms, free disease screening, and even low-cost or free dental care — and it's not Medicaid or Medicare (page 13)
- Retirement 211 Secret #2: How to get discounted airfares if you've ever been in the military (page 10)
- Retirement 211 Secret #3: Government-subsidized trips to vacation resorts worldwide (page 10)
- Retirement 211 Secret #4: A special toll-free hotline you can use to get free prescription drugs (page 8)
- Retirement 211 Secret #5: Government-provided free legal and tax help — to fight creditors, refinance mortgages (page 7)
- And lots MORE!
To secure a copy of this critical special report, visit Retirement211.com.
© 2014 Moneynews. All rights reserved.