The strength of 10 major stock sectors indicate the bull market is here to stay, says investment guru Jim Cramer.
“The bears are on the run. They’re being chased into oblivion,” he said on his “Mad Money” CNBC show.
“You know why? It’s because there are very few bear markets left to hide in. Now that healthcare is completed, we’re ready to roll.”
Here are Cramer’s 10 juicy sectors and some of the stocks he recommends in them.
• Retail. He likes Gap, Nike, Urban Outfitters, Radio Shack and Tiffany.
• Food. He lists Brinker, Darden, Yum! and The Cheesecake Factory.
• Travel and leisure. He mentions, AMR, Continental, Royal Caribbean and Marriott.
• Aerospace. He favors Boeing, Honeywell International, Rockwell Collins and Goodrich.
• Industrials. He cites Eaton, Caterpillar, SBX, Ingersoll Rand, Emerson and 3M.
• Autos. He recommends Johnson Controls, Magna International, CarMax and AutoZone.
• Shippers. He praises FedEx, UPS, TSX, Norfolk Southern and Union Pacific.
• Health. “Anything with the word health in it:” Aetna, WellPoint, Stryker.
• Defense. He likes General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin.
• Financial services. He lists MetLife, Lincoln Financial, Hartford Financial, Legg Mason.
Renowned money manager Laszlo Birinyi agrees with Cramer.
He expects stocks to gain 10 percent or more this year amid growing investor confidence and increases in corporate takeovers and share buybacks.
“The surprise is going to be on the upside,” Birinyi told Bloomberg.
© 2014 Moneynews. All rights reserved.